For those Portland Oregon homeowners looking to replace their current air conditioning unit or install new A/C, here’s our recommendation for budget friendly air conditioning installation.
Budget friendly air conditioner for Portland Oregon
If you’ve lived in Portland for any length of time, you know our temperatures in the summer are not incredibly hot when compared to other areas of the country. While cities in the south have many days with 100+ temps, we may only see a handful of days over 100 degrees with some years not even hitting that mark.
Our summers are filled with days in the 80s and 90s, which is definitely hot enough to cause you and your family to be uncomfortable if you don’t have a/c. Because we do not see extremely hot temps on a regular basis, you do not need to spend extra money installing the top-of-the-line air conditioning unit.
You can save a considerable amount of money by going with an A/C unit that is from a Lennox’s mid-range line. The equipment is still built to meet the company’s high standards so as long as you do your homework, you will get dependable and economical home cooling.
Cooling solution for those on a budget
One of our best sellers is the 13ACX air conditioner from Lennox’s Merit Series. The Merit line of equipment provides outstanding reliability and comfort at an excellent value and is a great choice for homeowners who are on a budget.
Why have so many homeowners chosen the 13 ACX?
While it’s not the top of the line air conditioner with all the bells and whistles, it’s a good choice for Portlanders who are looking for a cooling solution but have a limited budget.
If you replace your older system with this air conditioner, you will save a sizable amount of money on your monthly cooling bills (hundreds of dollars a year). If you currently do not have A/C, you will LOVE the cooling comfort this unit delivers and since it’s rated at 13.00 SEER, it is energy efficient too.
What does the 13.00 SEER rating mean?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The more energy efficient an air conditioner is, the higher its SEER rating will be. Over the years, all heating and cooling equipment has gotten much more energy efficient so if your furnace, heat pump or A/C unit is over 10 years old, it’s guaranteed you will save money on energy costs by installing new equipment.
For example, upgrading from a 9 SEER to a 13 SEER air conditioner translates into 30% less energy used per season. This could result in hundreds of dollars saved each year and your new unit could pay for itself just in the savings alone.
If you’re on a budget, it’s not always worth the extra money to install a unit with a higher SEER rating as you will most likely not be running your air conditioner 24/7. Obviously, living in a climate where you are running it continuously, you would save more money with a higher rated SEER unit but that’s just not needed here in Portland.
As a reputable HVAC contractor, we feel the need to sell you equipment that will do the job, not sell you more than what you need and definitely not something you can’t afford.
Other features and benefits of the 13 ACX
- High-efficiency outdoor coil gives better heat transfer and low air resistance so it operates at a higher efficiency (saving you money).
- Reliable and quiet operation with sound levels as low as 76dB and the precision-balanced direct-drive outdoor fan is design to be quiet AND have a longer product life.
- Comfort level is great as the dependable scroll compressor provides smooth, efficient and reliable operation and the unit is designed to work with the Humiditrol whole-home dehumidification system (keeping the humidity at the right level can GREATLY enhanced the comfort level of your home).
- Environmentally responsible-Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant meets EPA’s strict environmental guidelines.
- Durable and reliable as the outside unit is housed in a PermaGuard ™ cabinet with a heavy-gauged, galvanized steel construction and louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and zinc-coated steel base provides long lasting protection against the harsh Pacific Northwest elements.
The bottom line is that if you want to cool your home and are looking for the least expensive option, the 13ACX is for you. If you’re replacing an older system and your goal is to lower your electric bill, the 13 ACX does that too.
Don’t wait for the hot weather to get here before you start contacting Midway Heating for Portland air conditioning installation as that’s what everyone does. The smart homeowner starts making calls in the spring so the A/C can be installed and when the hot weather comes, you only have to turn it on and enjoy the cool comfort.