Ductless heat pumps may be the solution to the heating and cooling problems in your Portland Oregon home. Their versatile ductless systems provide affordable heating and cooling for one or multiple rooms while delivering cleaner air since each indoor unit has its own air filter.
As a Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Dealer, the technicians at Midway Heating Company have been trained in the proper installation and maintenance of their ductless systems. Plus, they can be installed quicker because there is no ductwork involved.
Single & Multi-Zone ductless models
Our best-selling ductless heat pumps in Portland are the GL Series from Mitsubishi. The MSZ-GL models are for single-zone use while MSY-GL models can be configured for multi-zones for many rooms or your whole house.
Zoned heating and air conditioning systems are a more efficient way to heat and cool because you can shut off operation of any rooms not in use. An added benefit is that each area can be set at a different temperature to better suit the comfort of the people in that room.
INVERTER maximizes efficiency.
Conventional heating/cooling systems turn on as needed to maintain your desired temp, but the INVERTER (the heart of the Mitsubishi system) operates differently. Like your heart, it is always active and therefore, does away with the start/stop cycles that waste energy.
Automatically adjusting when it detects even the slightest change, the temperature is always right on the money. This saves energy by using the exact amount of energy necessary to maintain your set temperature. The result? It can reduce energy consumption by up to 40%.
Ductless heat pump components
- Outdoor unit connects with up to 8 indoor units.
- Indoor units have sleek, compact design with filter to continuously clean the air.
- Smart comfort controls (handheld remote comes standard with most models).
For more details on how they operate, read this past post on ductless heat pump systems.
GL models are most popular.
Portland homeowners like the compact design of the wall-mounted units in the GL Series. Available in a variety of sizes, GL models come standard with the following features and benefits.
Energy saving features
- Energy Star certified
- Econo cool adjusts amount of air directed towards occupants based on the air-outlet temperature.
- Blue Fin (beneficial for coastal areas) is an anti-corrosion treatment to the heat exchanger on the outdoor unit that prevents corrosion caused by salt in the air which would negatively impact efficiency & performance.
Air quality features
- Filters are washable and last up to 10 years.
- Nano platinum filter uses nanometer-sized platinum-ceramic particles that kill bacteria & deodorizes air.
- Anti-allergy enzyme filter traps allergens like mold & bacteria and decomposes them using enzymes.
- Electrostatic anti-allergy enzyme filter (optional on GL24 model) is charged with static electricity to attract/trap dust particles, molds & bacteria and breaks them down using enzymes.
Air Distribution features
- Swing function lets indoor unit move air throughout the room like an oscillating fan.
- Auto fan speed mode automatically adjusts fan speed of indoor unit depending on present room conditions.
- Powerful mode (option on GL24 model)-temporarily drops or raises set temp for 15 minutes so auto fan speed adjustments made possible by the INVERTER can bring room temp to your desired set temp more quickly.
- Wide airflow (option on GL24 model) is good for large areas as it keeps air well circulated to reach all corners of the room.
- Smart set is a function that recalls the preset temperature by pressing a single button on remote controller.
- On/off time allows you to set the times to turn unit on or off by using the remote controller.
- Auto changeover automatically switches between heating & cooling to maintain your desired temp.
- Auto restart turns unit back on automatically if there’s a power outage.
Want cleaner air for your family?
Contact Midway Heating Company for more information on Mitsubishi ductless heat pumps or schedule your free estimate on installation.