Portland Oregon homeowners may not realize they can save money when they convert to a natural gas energy efficient furnace or upgrade their existing gas furnace.
As a NW Natural Preferred Contractor and Trade Ally of the Energy Trust of Oregon, Midway Heating wants you to know about incentives available now through August 31, 2019.
Whether you currently have an oil or electric furnace and want to convert OR you simply want to upgrade your old gas furnace, there’s plenty of reasons for you to install new equipment in 2019.
Install high efficiency HVAC equipment
The best deals are available to new customers of NW Natural. All Portland homeowners who currently have oil or electric furnaces and want to convert to high efficiency natural gas furnaces are eligible. If you already have a gas furnace that’s quite old, you can qualify for discounts on the upgrade now and save money on future utility bills.
Please note-If you currently do not have a gas line running into your house, we’ll need to make sure that natural gas is available in your neighborhood.
Incentives for New NW Natural customers
If you currently have an oil or electric heating system and want to convert to natural gas, the following incentives are available when you install a high-efficiency natural gas furnace and air conditioner by a NW Natural Preferred Contractor, like Midway Heating Company. This offer runs now through August 31, 2019.
Up to $1,550 for switching to natural gas
- $300 Instant Invoice Credit courtesy of the NW Natural Preferred Contractor (like Midway Heating) who installs your gas furnace.
- OR $500 Instant Invoice Credit courtesy of the NW Natural Preferred Contractor when an additional central air conditioner is installed with your gas furnace.
- $500 Rebate from NW Natural when a NW Natural Preferred Contractor installs your new natural gas furnace.
Energy Trust of Oregon discounts if you meet requirements
- $550 discount for a 90% AFUE gas furnace for eligible moderate income households courtesy of the Energy Trust of Oregon Savings Within Reach Trade Ally Contractor.
- $550 discount for a 90% AFUE gas furnace for eligible owners of single family rental properties, courtesy of the Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Ally Contractor.
Contact ETO to see if you meet their requirements.
Save up to $1,146 each year by switching to gas furnace
That’s right, the average home can save $1,146 when they switch an electric furnace to energy efficient natural gas equipment. Savings will vary though this estimated amount is based on a 1971 1-story, 1,795 sq. ft. home in Portland that had an electric or oil furnace or heat pump installed before 1989 and then upgraded to a 95% AFUE gas furnace.
Energy Trust of Oregon has a “Savings Within Reach” program to make it easier for homeowners on a budget to upgrade to a high efficiency equipment with their on-bill repayment financing and a $550 incentive for eligible households. The incentives vary depending on the equipment installed so if you are interested, call Midway for more information.
Incentives for existing NW Natural customers
If you’re an existing NW Natural customer, you’re eligible for the following incentives when you upgrade to a high-efficiency gas furnace and installation is done by a NW Natural Preferred Contractor like Midway Heating. This offer runs now through August 31, 2019.
Up to $750 back for upgrading
- $200 Invoice Credit from the NW Natural Preferred Contractor who installs it.
- $550 discount for 90% AFUE gas furnace for eligible moderate income households courtesy of Energy Trust of Oregon Savings Within Reach Trade Ally Contractor-call for details.
All the incentives listed above are good until August 31, 2019.
Please note-ODOE tax credits are only available to homeowners of existing homes (not new construction) and only when the natural gas furnace is the primary heat source for the home. Example: if you have a heat pump and the furnace is the back-up heat source-you will not qualify for the tax credit.
Not all equipment qualifies so we’ll let you know which models meet the requirements and how much you can save.
The savings you get from your new furnace and/or air conditioner quickly adds up and will pay for itself. Plus, these incentives won’t be around forever so Contact Midway Heating for your free estimate.